Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dahlia Flowers Show in San Francisco

Last Sunday, my husband and I almost accidentally got to dahlia show that was taken place in Golden Gate park in San Francisco :). The show is usually conducted by Dahlia Society of California once in a year if I remember correctly. Well... I'm writing a little today because there is no words to explain how beautiful these dahlias:) I'm simply sharing pictures of dahlia flowers with small comments :)

Dahlia Flowers Show picture


I wouldn't say the exposition was big but even in such space I've seen so many verities of the flower that I've never seen before :)

Dahlia Flowers Show picture

So many different colors from white to almost black...

Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture


It was interesting to know how dahlias are made to stay straight and firm. There is special disk with pins is placed on the bottom of the dish. And a flower just put on this disk. I was surprised :) I would expect dahlias to fall because the blooms sometimes are huge and heavy. Anyway... it works :)

Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture


After the show, we went to dahlia garden which is also located in Golden Gate Park. I would say there are a little bit less different verities but they are also gorgeous.

Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture


Dahlia Flowers Show picture

Well, the day was great! I really enjoyed walking around those gorgeous dahlias and taking pictures of them :)

I've uploaded more pictures in higher resolution there :)

3 comments:

Yana said...

These are such beautiful photographs! Simply amazing!

Arctida said...

OMG! They are so gorgeous!

Eugenie said...

Wonderful! I enjoyed a lot - your photos are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...