For these chocolate truffles recipe, you 'll need:
- 1 1/3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips or just chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Whole nuts or pieces (optional)
- Cognac, liquor, essence (optional). I added 1 tsp of orange essence and 1 tbsp of orange liquor
- Cocoa powder to dust the truffles
- Candy paper cups
Mix in a bowl the chocolate tips and the cream. Pick a bowl based on how you are going to heat the chocolate truffles mixture. I microwaved, so for me plastic one was better. Also, you can just heat it on a stove over low heat.
Mix the chocolate truffles mixture until smooth. Add liquor and nuts pieces (those are optional).
Mix it again, cover with plastic wrap and put in a fridge for several hours. I kept overnight. The mixture should become like a play doh.
Than, it's time to form the truffles. Dust hands with cocoa powder. Scoop approximately 1 or 1 and half tsp of the mixture.
If you put nuts pieces, just roll a ball of the chocolate and dust it with cocoa powder. Otherwise, you can add a hole nut inside and roll a truffle. Dust it with cocoa powder.
Enjoy those melting rich chocolate taste!