Saturday, December 1, 2012

Once upon in autumn day in Napa

Napa... In my understanding, it's one of the greatest places on California map. We've been to Napa many times, but it happened to be the first time when we went there on a weekday in fall. Well... I guess it's the best time. It was not crowded, it was warm but not really hot. So it was exactly as I like... calming and relaxing.

Napa valley trip

This trip we visited only 2 wineries. The goal was to show Napa valley to my parents who were visiting us from Ukraine, and I believe they liked it. First winery that we visited was V.Sattui winery.

Napa valley trip

This is a pretty popular winery in Napa Valley. Usually in summer time, it's pretty much crowded. I mean so crowded than even overflow parking is full. This time, we found parking very easily. It was nice to walk around, to take pictures, and enjoy the day. It was cloudy this day, and I could really feel like all flowers, trees, and plants are "enjoying" such weather after hot sunny summer :)


Napa valley trip


Napa valley trip

Inside the winery, visitors can taste wines before buying them. Or they can just test... without buying :) Testing room is cozy, and the staff is nice and friendly.


Napa valley trip


All wines are available in the store which is located inside.

Napa valley trip


Napa valley trip


Napa valley trip

Also, there is cute daily section where visitors can by many different cheeses, salamis, oils, and other gourmet snacks. So the idea is to buy a bottle of a good wine, gourmet snacks, and to have a picnic in a beautiful shady picnic area right outside the winery :).

Napa valley trip


Napa valley trip

Next winery that we visited was Beringer Winery. It's also one of my favorites because I like their wines, and I like the winery itself.

Napa valley trip


Napa valley trip

There is a gift shop inside the winery along with a wine shop where so many beautiful things are sold. I have to admit I'm a big fun of gift shops :) I love all this small and not only small cute things which are there :)

Napa valley trip

Napa valley trip
Cute bottle holders...

Napa valley trip

Napa valley trip

I could not resist to buy several bottles of wines they I like. They mostly semi-sweet with reach fruity notes. Yummy :)

Napa valley trip

Well... it was a really nice day. I hope my parents also enjoyed it :)

I uploaded more pictures from the trip in higher resolution there.

1 comments:

Kimono Design staff said...

Hi Irina,
there's a blog award for you on our blog:
http://kimono-design.blogspot.it/2012/12/liebster-blog-award-2.html

See you there.
Have a nice new week
Ane & Vale

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...