Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How to make a brush organizer


Couple days ago, one of my team mates Lana from BelleCoccinelle shared an idea how to make a brush organizer of sushi mat. I found this idea brilliant! I was thinking to make some organizer because I have quite a few of cosmetics brushes that has to be organized So Lana's idea was given in a very right time :)

How to make a brush organizer

Here we go... To make the organizer, sushi mat and an elastic are needed.

How to make a brush organizer
Wrap the elastic around first couple sticks

How to make a brush organizer

Secure it with several stitches

How to make a brush organizer

Then, start to weave the elastic around the sticks making small and big holders for the brushes.

How to make a brush organizer

Finish them to the end and again wrap the elastic around couple of sticks and secure it.

How to make a brush organizer

And this is pretty much it! The brush organizer is ready...

How to make a brush organizer
Then, it can be rolled and tied with a ribbon :)

Thank you Lana for this great idea!

36 comments:

Unknown said...

An ingenious solution!

Vasilinka said...

отличная идея!!

katuasha said...

Отличная идея, спасибо!!!

Anonymous said...

from belleCoccinelle

Гениально! :-))

inessa said...

Thank you for sharing! So simple! I need to make one:)

Svetlana NES said...

wow! I take note :)

GalaFilc said...

Good idea!!

Tinker Bell said...

great, tnx for idea :)

Unknown said...

Great idea!

nihama said...

great idea)

bysiki said...

Super! )

Unknown said...

Great idea, beautiful pictures! Love it!

Yana said...

This is simply awesome and awesomely simple! Love it!

FabricFascination said...

Love this idea. I wonder if it would work for crochet hooks or knitting gear?

IrinaN said...

АфbricFascination, yes, I guess, it should work. You simply need to make the holders smaller.

Mistie said...

Such an awesome idea! I will definitely do this.

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison said...

So cute! Thanks a lot to share this lovely idea!

Unknown said...

Did it using a bamboo placemat that I scored for a buck. Turned out phenomenal. Yay!!!

Daria said...

Wow! cool idea!!!! so simple!

Anonymous said...

Could also be useful for storing knitting needles, crochet needles, artists brushes etc etc etc... Great idea!

Unknown said...

Спасибо огромное за идею. Прям сегодня же себе такое же сделаю :)

Anonymous said...

This is Such a cute idea!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Simple and elegant. I love it. I just started taking a watercolor class, so this is a perfect alternative to buying an expensive brush holder!

onel said...

This is genius!

Anonymous said...

Wow ! I like it !!!
I found this :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=612907078722855&set=a.536304376383126.142147.535719906441573&type=1&permPage=1
It's you're picture ?

Unknown said...

This is so clever! Thank you! I posted this idea in my blog: healthy is beautiful -- Hbitsawayoflife.blogspot.com and gave you full credit!! :)

Arctida said...

Great idea! and the end result is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love this :)

canvas prints said...

Great post. loving your work here.

Roxanne C. said...

Hello Irina,

I featured your blog entry in my post Link Love - Glitter, Persimmons and Pearls. You can find the link here: http://www.lacedivory.com/blog/2013/12/11/link-love-glitter-persimmons-and-pearls/

Thank you for such a lovely tutorial!

xoxo,
Roxanne C.
Laced Ivory - Singapore's Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Amanda said...

Genius! I do a lot of hair and make up. I'm making this today!

Miss Y said...

Genius!! too simple to not to try!

Jooley said...

Ok, I am so going to try this! Not only great for makeup brushes but for art tools. Thank you! Simple and brilliant idea!

Pam said...

I made almost the exact same thing a while back. :) Nice tutorial. http://veryirie.blogspot.com/2010/06/diy-makeup-brush-roll.html

Anonymous said...

I'll have to make this for my knitting needles.

Unknown said...

May I ask, what is the measurement of the elastic you used for this project? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...